When Meghan Markle and Prince Harry got engaged a BBC reporter asked them “Children?” to get their thoughts on the matter, Harry joked, saying, “Not currently, no.” He explained that he and Meghan will take things “one step at a time” before adding, “I think hopefully we’ll start a family in the near future.”
Being part of the royal family means that you need to follow A LOT of rules, some of which are a bit outdated, but the Royals are traditional this way. A source close to the Duchess told People magazine that Meghan “has found certain rules in the royal household difficult to understand, like the fact that the Queen prefers women in dresses or skirts rather than trouser suits, and is often asking Harry why things have to be done in a certain way. I think she finds it a little frustrating at times, but this is her new life, and she has to deal with it.”
Some of the royal requirements range from the weirdly specific (royal family members are prohibited from playing the beloved board game Monopoly) to the kinda, sorta twisted (they’re required to travel with an all-black outfit in the case of an unexpected funeral).
Scroll down to see 10 rules that Meghan has to follow now that she is expecting her first child with Prince Harry. Of course, Meghan and Harry have a knack for breaking tradition, so we are curious to see how many of these they would break!
1.Absolutely NO revealing the gender of the baby before the baby is born!
2. She can also forget about having a baby shower!
3.No body-conscious clothes and absolutely no cleavage!
4. There will be A LOT of midwives on call!
5. Her options for baby clothes will be severely limited!
6. Unique names will probably be out!
7. The Queen must be one of the first ones notified about the birth, even before Meghan and Harry’s parents!
8.No oversea travels, not even to home in the USA!
9. There will an official announcement of the baby’s birth, outside Buckingham Palace!
10. There will be a 62-gun salute to celebrate the baby’s birth!