Prince Charles and Princess Diana got engaged back in 1981, after being on just 12 dates. Five months later they got married in front of millions around the world. Their marriage seemed like a real-life fairytale, but very few people at that time knew what was really going on behind closed doors. The couple, of course, famously separated in 1992 and got a divorce a few years later. Scroll down to read 8 rare and curious facts about their big day!
1. Diana was the first royal bride to remove “obey” from her wedding vows. Kate and Meghan followed suit when they got married to William and Harry in 2011 and 2018.
2. She selected her engagement ring from a catalog.
3. Diana mixed up the order of Charles’s name during their vows. Instead of calling her husband Charles Philip, she referred to him as Philip Charles Arthur George.
4. Charles also messed up a bit during the vows, as he referred to “thy goods” instead of “my worldly goods.”
5. Diana’s wedding dress had the longest train in royal history – it included a 25-foot-long train. and it reportedly cost $115,000.